Pick up on arrival
The student is picked up on arrival, gets his keys from International Center if she/he has applied for temporary housing, and is followed to the department or his/her address.
- Make sure he/she is signed up for Getting started in Denmark (Event every second week).
- Including trip to International Citizen Service to get cpr. number, Ttax card and Certificate of Registration (EU citizens).
- Introduce them to the International Center (go to the counter).
- Get a welcome packet.
- NOTE: inform Jan Frederiksen, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Nanna Pedersen, email@example.com about the CPR number, otherwise the new PhD student will not get their salary.
- Usually our foreign students open a bank account in Danske Bank or Nordea which are both close to the department.
- Master card and Dankort are easy to get - it is harder to get a Visa card. It is good idea to bring a copy of your letter of employment to the bank.
At the University
At Department of Computer Science take the student on a "tour" round the whole department:
- His/her office
- Meet Anders and Sofia, student's supervisor + research group staff
- Coffee Room (tell them about the free coffee)
- The Canteens in Incuba Science Park and in Nygaard
- Xerox-machines, office supplies
- Information office where the student can get a key and apply for a card to access IT-Parken.
- Is a great place to meet other students, go to concerts and a lot of other things. You visit the Studenternes hus to register the student.
- The students have to pay the membership themselves.