FIRST LEGO League Open European Championship 2017 (FLLOEC 2017)
FLLOEC is looking for hosts for the Championship on 25 to 28 May in Aarhus.
In May 2017 (25th to 28th) FLLOEC 2017 will take place in Aarhus (and Billund) with the City of Aarhus, Aarhus University, Aarhus School of Marine and Technical engineering and it-forum as the partners behind (the consortium).
FLL is – in short – a LEGO MINDSTORMS Robotics competition for children aged 10 – 16. Around 300.000 children from all over the world participate every year in the program. The aim is to get children interested in science and technology and thereby create a basis for Universities to recruit young talents from.
At FLLOEC in Aarhus there will be approx. 100 teams from around 60 countries from all over the word. Each team can consist of up to 10 children between the age 10 and 16 plus 1-2 adults.
FLLOEC is looking for hosts
The idea is, that every team has a Host who originally comes from the team’s home country but for the time being is living in Aarhus and is a student, PhD student, researcher or accompanying partner of a student/PhD student/researcher at the University or somehow else a part of our international community. A good knowledge of Aarhus and the University is preferred.
The task for the host is to help the team with everything. Therefore hosts should be able to work during the whole event from the arrival on Thursday May 25th to close on Sunday 28th. The host will help our guests make their way around, make sure that they get food and drinks; are guided from hotel to venue and back; that they can get in contact with doctors and that they are on time!!!! We will of course train you to perform the host task.
Benefits of being a host
The whole event is funded by grants and payment from participants. We do not have a huge budget, so what we can offer our hosts is:
- Thursday 25th of May Bus from Aarhus (very early) to Billund Airport
Morning snack and visit to LEGOLAND with the team, including lunch at LEGOLAND. Transport back to the participants’ hotel.
- Friday 26th of May Snack in the morning and lunch. Be a part of the Opening Parade including picnic.. Entrance to Tivoli Friheden including "Fed Fredag concert".
- Saturday 27th of May Snack in the morning, lunch and participation in Friendship Evening including food and drink
- Sunday 28th of May Snack in the morning and lunch.
You will also have four t-shirts, a reusable water bottle and a rain cover
1) Novo Nordisk will be sponsoring the event. They will invite you for an event in Aarhus or at their locations in Copenhagen (or possible invite you for both things).
2) For your CV you will get a signed document that you were a volunteer in this major event. The certificate will be signed by the University.