Strategic Career Thinking for JRs NOTE NEW DATE
This workshop is for new junior researchers (postdocs and assistant professors) who are interested in getting the most out of their research years at Aarhus University by working with strategic career planning. You will gain knowledge on what makes a successful post doc: how to plan ahead and how to navigate and think strategically in order to achieve your desired goals.
Info about event
This workshop is for Junior Researchers who are interested in getting the most out of their research years at Aarhus University by working with strategic career planning. The goal of the workshop is to encourage you to work with your own career development by providing you with tools to develop a conscious and focused approach to your postdoc and further career.
In the workshop, we will consider what makes a successful Junior Researcher: How to plan ahead and how to navigate and think strategically in order to achieve your desired goals.
Outcomes of the workshop:
- Understand how career planning during your postdoc will strengthen your ability to navigate in the research environment.
- Identify pitfalls and helpers in relation to career progression.
- Understand how to take the lead in your own career development
The workshop will take 2,5-3 hours, and the participants are junior researchers from all faculties.
The event will either be physical (if circumstances allow), or virtual. We will make sure to let you know before the event.
Please note that this event does not provide access to credit transfer of ECTS points.
Cancellation Courtesy Policy
We kindly request that you promptly cancel your participation as soon as you know that you cannot attend. Late cancellations and not cancelling at all, greatly impact our work in three significant ways:
- Candidates on the waiting list are not able to attend
- The quality of the course or workshop cannot be guaranteed when groups are too small
- Prepared and paid resources are wasted when registered participants do not show up